Sleep Disorders Symptoms
Common symptoms of sleep disorders include:
- Heavy snoring
- Stopping breathing while asleep
- Morning headaches
- Daytime sleepiness
- Frequent use of sleeping pills
These issues are more than just annoying and may be signs that you could benefit from a sleep study. Talk to your doctor if you experience any of the symptoms listed above and ask to be referred to the Gulf Breeze Hospital Sleep Disorders Center.
A sleep study can evaluate patients for disorders such as:
- Narcolepsy: Excessive daytime sleepiness combined with sudden muscle weakness; episodes are sometimes called "sleep attacks" and may occur in unusual circumstances.
- Restless leg syndrome: An unpleasant "creeping" sensation marked by aches and pains throughout the legs that can make it difficult to fall asleep.
- Sleep Apnea: A condition characterized by brief interruptions of breathing, often with gasping or snorting sounds, and associated "if left untreated" with an increased risk of cardiovascular disease.
Sleep diagnostic services can help patients uncover sleep problems early and receive treatment sooner for any related health conditions. A sleep study, ordered by your doctor, will carefully study your sleep patterns during an overnight stay. Our team of highly trained and experienced sleep technologists has received specialized training and is committed to making you comfortable and well informed.
People suffering from a sleep disorder experience a difficult time obtaining restful sleep.