Goals and Services
The fundamental goals of the Opiate Treatment Program are:
- Discontinuance of all mood-altering drugs except therapeutic methadone
- Development of a positive lifestyle
- Development of a support system
- Successful detoxification from methadone when appropriate
- Continued abstinence from mood-altering drugs
In addition to the administration of a daily dose of oral methadone, services provided by the Opiate Treatment Program include:
- Individual and group counseling
- Family counseling
- Medical assessment and monitoring
- Health education with emphasis on information pertaining to hepatitis and the AIDS virus
- Case management
- Referral for medical and social services
- Specialized and comprehensive treatment for women who are pregnant and are using opiates.
Service needs that are not met within the program are referred to other resources or more intensive forms of treatment within Lakeview Center or the community.